Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Young Women Squirrels

I had the opportunity to go to Young Women's in excellence. 
I love Young Women's, the reminders that we are daughters of our Heavenly Father no matter what and at any age is a beautiful message. 
One of the speakers said that we can't shock our Heavenly Father, He has not only seen it all, but has forgiven it all. It was a nice reminder. I've made some stupid mistakes and have shocked myself with bad choices. When I do royaly- mess up I am always disappointed in myself and busy wondering who else I've let down. I worry that I'm not a good example to others. I worry about how long it will take me to get back on track. And I kick myself when I feel like I've just rerouted myself for the long way. I forget that Heavenly Father knows whats in our hearts. He knows us and loves us for who we are, How incredible is that? And honestly another thing to remember is, we learn and grow from our mistakes, They help form us into who we are. 


The last speaker left us with the message, who am I? And quoted the song from Les Miserables. (one of my favorite musicals)

My soul belongs to God, I know
I made that bargain long ago
He gave me hope when hope was gone
He gave me strength to journey on

and challenged us to look deeper into who we are. We are unique. He spoke of our divine nature. That we just need to remember that we are children of Heavenly Father. We are sent to this world to be tried and tested, over and over again. In fact, that is what we signed up for, and when we signed up we were given a promise that Heavenly Father would make a way for us to get back to him. He does give us hope and strength, and when we need it the most,we just need to ask, in fact he tells us to ask.
 As a kid and even sometimes as an adult I am scared to ask for anything. I don't like to be turned down or disappointed. To fix that, I just don't inquire. The funny thing is, is if someone asks me for help of any kind I am always willing to drop what I am doing and help. I often over fill my schedule, and I am happy to be able to serve those around me. But when roles are reversed and I have to ask someone to help I feel as though I am a burden. It is something I need to work on. My Grandpa use to tell me that we should not deny others the blessings of being able to help us. Its true. We need to be less afraid and ask not just those around us, but for divine help as well. Heavenly Father knows us. He loves us, and when something is important or stressful to us we need to communicate with him.
 I have experienced the calm and peace he will give us, not to mention the blessings and guidance. We just need to ask and then have faith that he will send us what we need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment