Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Ground Squirrels

I have been, what feels like grounded, because running makes me feel like I can fly. It clears the cob webs and unnecessary worries and stresses. I can leave it all on the street.
 When I started running this spring, I bought the cute, cheep running shoes. I've only put 300 miles on them and now the week before my big race I have shin splits. urgh! Lesson learned!When I was pregnant with Lucy I  learned that spending money on good shoes for work was a must! And Now having experienced PAINFUL shin splits. I get it. It all comes down to taking care of your body the inside and the out. So Spend the money on GOOD shoes because your legs, ankles and feet will thank you for it!
I know that I kind of posted on this subject a while ago I'm going to touch on it again because I need to clear my head and my legs just wont let me. How frustrating is that? Yes, I have still done some swimming and let Jillian Micheal kick my butt. But it just isn't the same as hitting the street.
I have accepted that this is where I am suppose to be in my life. And I actually enjoy it, what can I say life, lemons...lemon bars anyone? At the same time its so scary to let go and truly say Heavenly Father this is in your hands. I am putting my faith in you. What is meant to be will be.
It has been  hammered into my head that you have to fight for what you want, and retraining myself to let things be has been difficult. I often feel like I am doing a puzzle without a picture, trying to figure it all out one piece at a time. I believe that sometimes we are handed pieces that don't fit yet, and I stress and wonder where will they fit? Are they even part of my puzzle or am I merely holding it while it waits for its real home?
I like to jump from here to there, I mentioned I liked living in the fast lane. In some ways my life is still there. Have I mentioned the 3 year old? How did that happen so fast? It feels like we just brought her home, put her car seat on the coffee table and wondered who let us take a baby home? And now here she is... A little girl that is so full of life, a little sponge that soaks up everything. Talking, singing, running, dancing and playing. 
And then there is life in general, I love my job. I have great clients and I found a great salon. But the same stresses pop up over and over and I can't figure them out. I wonder how the weeks and months seem to rush by without change. I have a good life, no complaints I just sometimes wonder, how long will I sit in the waiting place? When will I make my great escape? Dr. Susses says "Somehow you'll escape all that waiting and staying. You'll find bright places where Boom Bands are playing. With banner flip-flapping once more you'll ride high! Ready for anything under the sky! Ready because you're that kind of guy!"
I have faith my time to go will come and in the mean time ordered new shoes, so I'll be ready for anything under the sky. 



[What I've learned] We are taught at a very young age that if you want something, go and get it! Be tenacious! Be audacious! Be strong and chase it down! These statements and more have been my mantras for most of my life. However... there is more. (And isn't there always?) The reality is: You can only have that go-getter attitude on YOUR side of the equation. Life and other people still have to do their part(s). Lately, I do my part, and then... I don't push-and-push-and-push-and-PUSH. Instead — I surrender. I allow Life to do its job — to shift and adjust according to not only what I want/need/hope for... but to also make space for what it has planned. You can call it God, Mohammad, faith, the Universe... whatever. Free will and choice brings you most of the way... but sometimes you have to surrender so that you can succeed. - Charles Orlando

Couldn't have said it better 

No comments:

Post a Comment