Friday, October 24, 2014
Envious Squirrels
FINALLY went on a short run today, I've been nursing my little legs back to 100% and its taken all of my patience and a few tears. But it felt SO good to get back out for a little one. I also went to lunch with a friend where we discuss the current obsessions of my little brain and decide if we can solve the worlds problems, Anyways, Today I realize,I envy the people in this world that know exactly what they want in life. We all know who I am talking about. The people in high school that know when they are freshman that they want to be a- nurse. So they work hard get into school, become a nurse and live happily ever after. It's what they wanted, they work for it and achieve-case closed. These are the people with favorites, colors, flowers, foods, places, candies. As a 30 year old. I know what I want for the most part, but I don't have favorites. I don't want to say I go which ever way the wind blows but I have a hard time putting down an anchor and saying this is what I want. This is my favorite whatever- I suppose I am some what emotional in all my dealings. Yellow is my happy color, no one can look at the color yellow and think sad. I think roses are romantic but I don't always want to be given roses, wild flowers last longer and have more variety. I love sour patch kids unless I'm in the mood for chocolate. And if not than peachie-o's and Swedish fish are the next choices. I love change and movement, unless I'm tired and need a brake and then I love silence and solitude- until I'm lonely. I always have that picture in my head of what would be great and what I really want but then I think does it really matter? Its not all up to me. Life happens and its not on my watch. Sometimes I think maybe its better to not have favorites, in someways its easier on those around you and maybe harder in other ways. Maybe less disappointments? Because there are less expectations of someone remembering all those things so you can just be happy with whatever it is they present you with? I like to think of it that way. Who doesn't love surprises? And the flexibility to be open to the many things that life has to offer. As envious as I am, I am happy to be me. Randomness and all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment