As I was running today, I thought of people that have come into my life. I realize that everyone has taught me some sort of lesson or given me something to be grateful for. Mentally a hard look at the people in my life and can see where they have blessed my life and by doing so Lucy's. Quick shout out- To the people that have motivated me. Thank you. I never would have tackled this without your support and encouraging words.
Okay back to the Half Marathon! I have learned that I need to start a little further up the line! I kept getting stuck behind walkers. (But hey good for them for getting out there and doing it.)
Really the weather was perfect for running, the sun was out but it stayed cool enough to keep you comfortable. Had a great experience, It was really well organized and put together. Gonna have to put it on the list for next year.
Jake and I celebrated my first half marathon, and his first race ever with Chili's, traditionally for me a big greasy bacon cheese burger. YUM And I also asked the waitress for out desert to come out first! :)
I am seriously considering just wearing my metal around town for the next few... I did earn it after all!
Official results- 2 hours 9 mins 56 seconds. 58th out of 166 in my age group, 152 out of 471 women and 265 out of 677 over all. Not bad for my first half!









No comments:
Post a Comment