Sunday, October 26, 2014

Leaping, Logical Squirrels


Leaps of faith mean you are relying on God to get you to where you want to be. Logic means you basing your actions on probabilities and putting your faith in your own knowledge, strength and abilities.
I believe that when we make true leaps of faith, I mean closing your eyes and jumping not knowing your out come. I believe when we are asked and we take those leaps, that its difficult sometimes the hardest thing you can be asked- in the end we have no regrets.
There is maybe a space between a leap it's more of a small jump- when we prepare and learn, make a choice, pray about it. 
In our lives we are constantly directed and guided, pushed and pulled in different directions. There are many choices that don't matter so much in our lives. But we are told to ask God for direction, and to follow him. I believe logically you can talk yourself into or out of anything.
In my life I know I have been asked to take many leaps of faith, I'm talking scary big changes. But every time I have I have always been caught and given that which I need when I need it. And looking back at those times and seeing where they lead me. I have no regrets. Logically, I have moves salons twice in two years. Statistically my business should have dropped 30-40%. Those are the typical results. My business has grown 34% it makes no sense and when I try and logically look at it. I don't know how it has grow that way, I have lost a handful of clients both times I moved but some how have gained enough good and regular clients to not only make up for it, but grow. You may think that is wasn't a big deal, not a huge thing. But my business is everything, I have no one to fall back on financially. I am on my own. Logically, when I moved salons the first time, way back 8 years ago, I moved around the corned and lost 50% of my clients. We knew it was going to be a jump but knew in the long run it would be beneficial for our family. So the idea of being a single mom, with the low income I had, to move to a new salon across town was a huge leap of faith, but for the most part things lined up, scared to death I gave my notice and prepared for the change, and I did it, kicking and screaming, tears and panic attacks I made it. It was a long year, I didn't fit in very well and I hated the place I worked, but I was suppose to be there, had I not my business wouldn't have grown like it did and I wouldn't have found the awesome place I'm at now.

When we are asked to leap before we look, we don't have regrets. And we end up where we are meant to be. I just want to challenge you to let go. And have faith.





No comments:

Post a Comment