I haven't really talked about it to anyone. I just obsessively post my runs on FB because it makes me feel a little more accountable. I use to run to try and out run the shadows in my life, I use to run so I could feel something other than heartbreak, I use to run to place distance between me and the past And now I run because I can see the brighter future and can't wait to get there, I run to feel strong/ healthy. I run because I can. I run to shut off my mind and just enjoy the feeling of being alive.
Tonight I ran farther than I ever have. I stopped because I had to, but could have gone on. I have never been a runner. I joke that I run to eat. But anyone who really knows me knows I will eat no matter what! I love food. My sister says its because I am in love. And the fact is, I am. I am in love with my life, for the first time ever I can say, I like who I am. I have come through great trials that have formed my past, and taught me the lessons I needed. I am far from perfect and have lots to work on. but I am in love with the way I feel. I have always been blessed with people that inspire me.
I use to be surrounded by runners. My oldest sister is a runner and an amazing example to me. The women at my old salon tried to talk me into running a half marathon with them a couple years ago. And a friend from church would always run with me. I never felt the urge or want to run. Its funny how sometimes it really does come down to timing. I am at the point in my life where I am ready to run. I love the challenge, how far can I push myself? It really is a mind over matter thing. Not only did I run far tonight I also conquered the hill. I normally take a turn and avoid it. But for some reason I felt the need to try it out. And guess what, It didn't kill me!

No comments:
Post a Comment