Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Do we really know what we want?

Who knows what they want? Is what we want realistic? There are so many people out there looking for love, a companion, constant confident, best friend, soul mate. And I wonder out of all the single people what holds us back from success? It's not our time? Maybe our standards are too high? Is there such thing? The right person hasn't come along yet? This person would be perfect, if?
The more guys I talk to and the more girls I talk to I realize this, now don't get me wrong, this is not all cases just the common denominator in people around me. The "good" guys like the "wild" girls and the "bad" boys end up with the "good" girls. and everyone goes in these circles trying to fix or change on another. Why is that? Why don't the bad boys like the wild girls and the good guys stick to the good girls? Wouldn't it make life a little bit easier? 
 I try and make little changes in myself, like add healthy habits to my routine, like mouth wash. I buy a bottle and think I will put it here on the sink where I can see it every morning while I brush my teeth and it will become second nature....WRONG. I forget after a couple of days and there it sits to gather dust... If it is this hard to start a new habit and retrain myself why would I ever think for a minute I could change someone else?
I guess todays squirrel is this, We truly have to be our best selves, and the rest will fall into place.
I would love Mr. Perfect (tall, brunet,amazing sense of humor, honest, good hearted, patent, kind, ect...) to come into my life sweep me off my feet, fall in love me with my daughter and live happily ever after. But realistically that's never going to happen :) and I am good with that. Fairy tales are just that. I want a real man, scratches, bumps and bruises, scars and life experience, some might call that baggage. But its real.
I suppose this is a really long round about saying. No one is going to fall into your lap and be the perfect fit. Besides the perfect fit now and the perfect fit later are two very different things. Look for someone that will grow and change with you. Someone who will bring out the best self you can be. Someone you can exchange battle stories with and just enjoy life with. Because lets face it- Love is a battle field.


No comments:

Post a Comment