Monday, September 1, 2014

Hello 30, good bye summer

I had such high hope and a long bucket list for the summer...but alas the summer has somehow disappeared right in front of me. So I will embrace the cooler weather heading our way.
I have to admit, 30 has been a little rough.

-Compression socks for running
-lactose sensitive
-more acne than I had in high school
-longer recovery times
-longer time for results/ endurance

 I can say that for the first time in my life I ran 9 miles. 9 MILES that is huge for me! For the first time since I've gotten back into running and I signed up for a couple half marathons I feel like I might actually be able to complete one.

So maybe 30 isn't so bad. I can say I never had the drive, or dedication to want to finish a half marathon until now, and between you and me I don't have the interest in a full marathon...those are for the hard core people.  I will also say that I feel good. I look about the same...ok I look exactly the same as I did when I started to run. But I feel like my body is functioning well, and I feel strong. I've been on this rollercoaster called life for so long that I can deal with the ups and downs emotionally and mentally but now- I can take it all on... not that, that is a challenge. I really am enjoying my current slower, reflection lane in life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment