Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Squirrels don't need shoes

Ever since my half marathon I've been looking for shoes. I have tried several and none have left my feet feeling good... I started my run today with shoes and about a mile in I took them off and finished my run. Which is better? no run or a run without shoes....run without shoes for sure.  I've been in need of some serious asphalt therapy, and I had the thought what would a spartan do? A spartan would finish the race! 
The shoe thing has been frustrating and the holidays are.... Not as hard as they were last year but they aren't any easier either. I have clients tell me worries about in laws and family fights that surface every year, that they hate the hassle of going two or three places in the day. And I remember that feeling, call me crazy but I loved it. I loved being around family, cramed in a house with one bathroom and not enough space to spread out. I loved making treats and packing up to run around to grandparents. Don't get me wrong not every minute of it was enjoyable, but knowing I had a place, and people to share with. Knowing that I was wanted. I miss it. And I miss those people. Changes are so unpredictable and happen so quickly. If you love someone tell them, words of love and afermation shouldn't be held back, good things should be said and said often. Stop and enjoy the caous, it won't always be there, and you'll miss it when it's gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment