Friday, November 7, 2014

Spartan up squirrels!

SO almost a year ago, give or take a friend of mine told me about the Spartan races. I thought- it sounded very cool and good for them! Then the more and more I heard about them and did some research I thought, maybe I could do that. I even looked in to dates and where they were being held.
This past week I have been struggling, personal life and trying to look at situations as blessings and just needing some over all motivation now that I had run my half. When I came across this book. Spartan Up, which I read in two days.
Guess what! I signed up. I have now paid to compete a Spartan race in April! 6 months away. (I am hoping that a friend of mine will join me but if she can't then it will be more of an adventure out of my comfort zone for me!) Anyway it should be a good time frame to get my body and mind in Spartan mode. I want to be ready for the unpredictable, and learn to adjust and accept things better. I want to embrace all that life has to offer. I feel like this is going to be a good turning point in my life- AROO! Let the torture/training begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment