I've never doubted the church, I
know it's true. I never asked questions when I was told to have faith and know
Heavenly Father will take care of the small details. As hard as it is I go to
church Sunday after Sunday and listen to lessons and talks about eternal
families and the importance of them. It is something that is always on my mind.
Something I desperately crave and want for my own.
I was raised by divorced parents. I
knew they weren't sealed in the temple and that It meant I wasn't sealed to
either of them. As a kid it bothered me, till one day I was told to have faith
that in the next existence it would all be sorted out. I was also given the
hope that I would some day get married and sealed to my eternal companion, I
believed and waited.
I got married in the temple to a
man and we had a beautiful daughter. She was born in the covenant and sealed to
us for eternity if we did our part. Now divorced , the seal is broken. I've
been told that her sealing will follow the priesthood and I've been told that
she is sealed to me. But there are no real answers, and how does it work if I
marry again.
I thought this was a feeling
unknown to others, until today. I listened and heard the similar story, felt
the heart brake and uncertainty all over again. I wished I could have expressed
that she wasn't alone. And the we have a good Heavenly Father that will make
sure it's all taken care of. That we are told progression doesn't stop after
this life. But the speech and facts stuck in my throat as I realized and
wondered if this is what lies ahead for my own daughter. So often when it came
or comes to me and my own mental and physical health I have blind faith and
know things will work out. But suddenly as a mother uncertain of the out come
of my daughter I felt my faith waver. I think of so many women around me that
are amazing and yet they are single, is this my fate? Is it wrong to want more?
Should my primary focus be simply raising my daughter and my career? Then I
think there are talks about how we are to make getting married and starting a
family a priority and that with faith Heavenly Father will help us fill in the
blanks. My main concern is my daughter, no parent wants their child to bump
their nose, so to speak. How do I protect her from those feelings and worries I
had as a kid, will she have them? No situation is truly unique, so there must
be more that wonder and think of this...
No comments:
Post a Comment