Not sure if this should be here or on my daughters blog, but here is sits.
Its so hard to let things go, physically, emotionally, spiritually. I had a little realization that I am not going to be having another baby any time soon. I keep holding on to all of Lucy's old clothing and in a way clinging to the hope of another one. While knowing that, even if it was possible it wouldn't even be realistic. Not only that but what are the odds of having another baby girl in the same seasons and sizes as Lucy. I decided it was time to sort through, sell, give away and throw away all of Lucy's little clothes. I'll be honest it was hard! I saved a few absolute favorites of hers and divided the rest into seasons, what to pack back up, what to sell, and what to give away. As heartbreaking as it was, I realized that I felt lighter. Getting rid of all these things didn't mean I was giving up on the possibility of another baby. I can still hope for that but it was cleaning out the old so that when it's time. I will have the room to welcome the new.
Isn't that what fall/ Autumn teach us? Letting go of the dead leaves, lets us the welcome the new ones in the spring.


No comments:
Post a Comment