Saturday, December 5, 2015

Miami Sprint

Miami...Arrived late Friday night and was feeling a little apprehensive about traveling and racing alone. But woke up Saturday morning with the normal excited race gut. I figured that was a good sign... till I looked outside and saw that it was pouring rain!
Got to the race and the whole common area was in 3-4 inches of muddy water. The race was wet and muddy. I was excided to get going.
Hit the course running and realized I missed running! ( It's been way to cold to run at home) About half a mile in, I twisted my ankle hard... Hard enough that two people behind me asked me if I needed medics. HECK NO! This is not how I am ending the year. I sat for a few minutes and tried getting up and then sat for a few more, on the verge of tears, scared I was going to have to be taken off the course. I stood up one more time, the pain wasn't bad. I ran up the hill, and over a the hurdles, I passed a dude that had stopped to ask me if I needed help and got a hardly "Aroo!" The rest of the obstacles were standard, I made the rope climb! 7 races and I finally made it up! I was super excited! The course was covered in water, by far the muddiest/ wettest one I've run. I had some help on the hurc hoist. The volunteer said the bags probably weighed 110lbs since they were wet.  I walked up and gave the rope a good pull with my body weight and it didn't budge I was grateful for the help. I missed the spear throw and the multi bar challenge.
So for a race I ran solo I'm feeling pretty proud. Only 60 burpees! And I was able to help a few people along the way, who would have thought I would be giving out Spartan advice! Hoping for day two tomorrow, but we'll see how my ankle is doing... keep your fingers crossed for me :)




No comments:

Post a Comment