Feeling good this Sunday afternoon. I went for a run- I've been doing some cross training videos and spinning since the weather hasn't been awesome, but today the need to get out was too much to resist. I was almost a mile in and it started to rain- At first I thought maybe I should have gone to the gym and then I realized it was nice. I love running in the rain. Easy way to stay cool and the rain washes the sweat away. I use to see people running in bad weather and feel bad for them and now I realize I was the one missing out.
It is also symbolic as I sit here now in my cozy dry house. I run to feel strong and to clear my mind. I've been running for awhile now and have built up my endurance. 3-4 miles use to be a full work out and is now considered a short run.
Like in life we have trials and temptations, sometimes we fall victim to them and they cause us to back slide. Or when running we take too many days off things come up or we make excuses.
When we get back to doing what we need to be doing it, it doesn't come right back. We have to work to get back, just like in running. When we haven't been doing it for a while it feels good but it doesn't come right back. (I hope if you're reading this your picking up what I'm putting down)
Recently I have had what one would call a spiritual back slide. I made a really stupid mistake and I am making my way back to the path. Running in the rain, reminds me that we can be clean and washed for our sins, while we are striving to become stronger.

No comments:
Post a Comment