Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Squirrels take on Hollywood

I haven't posted on this for a while, and I haven't really thought about it much till recently- Though I don't mind a run in the rain it does shorten my training time. When the kid is gone I have time to hang at home and watch old movies. Thanks to netflixs its easy to find my old faves I haven't seen for a while. 
It seems like there are lots of movies and TV shows where cheating is the movie- He cheated so she did- you fill in the blank or She cheated so he- you fill in the blank. The shocking thing is how many movies have it in the movie and it's just an after thought. Romantic comedy movies...The wedding planner, boy rescues girl, they have an outing. the bride goes away on business and the evidently fall for each other while planning his wedding. Notting Hill, A movie star has a fling with a shop owner, they have a date and she invites him up and low and behold her boyfriend is there surprise! The rest of the movie is about him pining over her. Sure she reappears just long enough to have a one night stand. Sabrina (the one with Harrison Ford) this one is a little more complicated, ultimatly she loves the little brother who is engaged, but to seal a big business deal the older brother distracts her from him, and then falls for her so her turns around and encourages the little brother to leave his fiance to run away with Sabrina.
Okay so yes I watch corny movies- noted. My point is we are bombarded with low morals and standards. Often we are attacked, face on and we react and deal with it. But it seems like it slips in under the doors and creeps in through the window wells. More than ever we need to know who we are- we need to know our worth- We need to know our standards- We need to stick to them. It's not always the easy thing to do, even as an adult. There are outside pressures and a need to please. But I find that I am happiest when I am doing what I know to be right and good.


No comments:

Post a Comment