Monday, December 29, 2014

Every squirrel has a story

As I look at the people around me, its funny to think of the first impression compared to what I know now. One of my close friends had just given up a baby when I met her, But the fact didn't completely process until years of knowing her later. She is a strength to those around her and is constantly serving those around her. It is hard to think of her ever going through such a traumatic turn of events.  Her faith is solid and she sets such a great example to me. That if I just hold on, I'll find my happy ending. 
I look at my family and see the struggles they have come through, Some of us survived better than others, I shouldn't say it like that... Some of us landed on our feet quicker than others. Right now, knock on wood it seems like we are all doing well. We all have weird childhood stories and came through difficult times of our own. I love that even though we have all come through extremely hard times, not one of us uses our past as an excuse to no succeed. We are all survivors.
I love the song by F.U.N. Carry On.
If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone.
Carry on.
May your past be the sound 
Of your feet upon the ground.
Carry on.
What a great message. I try to surround myself with fellow survivors. It gives me strength and inspires me to carry on when I think I no longer can. 
I like to think that I can be a strength to others and pray I can help people along my journey. This year I have learned that some people can't be helped. Its like leading a horse to water. You can try and try to make them drink but it has to be their choice. There are also those people that just suck the energy right out of you, they want advice but refuse to hear it once you give it. And my all time biggest frustration is when they hide behind excuses. I've learned we are the only one that holds us back. We can be our own worst enemy.We are ultimately stronger than we think we are. You would be surprised what you can really come through when you are tested to the max physically and mentally. A lot of the time we have to let go of whatever hurt us and stop letting it define who we are. Instead let our strengths define us and not our past. Every sinner has a future, every saint has a past.
Its true we all have a story to tell, we forget that we are the story tellers, we have power over our happy endings. Here is to you finding your happy ending.


No comments:

Post a Comment