Saturday, May 28, 2016

Bubble 5K

I have this weird need to include my daughter in all that I do. I like to expose her to as many things as possible. I want her to know that she is capable of anything she puts her mind to and that she is the one that can set her limits. Though she may end up in counseling I figure I can say I gave it my best shot.
I signed her and I up for this race and thought it would be a good, fun way to try and introduce her to my race life, more on that in a minute.
I also love to encourage others to race with me and low and behold! I found a willing...somewhat/for the most part excited friend to drag along! Yay! Thank you Shannon and Emily for coming out to play!
So.... the bubble run... aka the thick foam run. Lucy was not a fan. After two color...foam .... pits... She was ready to be done. The foam was at least 7 feet high and 16 ft wide. It was intense. She climbed me like a koala bear and wouldn't let go after the 3rd color stop. Once we were done we stayed and danced at the after party, where they shot the foam out of canons which was more like bubbles. I wanted her to enjoy some part of it... I think the doughnut was all that really made her happy.
Guess this will go down in the might come up in counseling notebook.
Congratulations to Shannon and Emily for completing your first 5K! Here's to many more!











No comments:

Post a Comment