Friday, February 5, 2016

Happy New Year!

Its a little late, and we're already in the second month but oh well. January was a month of self reflection and discovery. I thought my new year words would be Press Forward but about half way through the month I realized that, that has kinda been the theme for the past few years. Press Forward, survive and keep moving. Don't look back. So I decided that this year is going to be FEARLESS.
I know that I can survive whatever is put in front of me. No not cocky, but real. Heavenly Father doesn't give us more then we can handle. I know that. The past years have been hard, but I came through and will continue on. January I realized that though I have come through it all I have build walls to keep me safe. I don't let people in willingly, they seem to sneak in the back/side doors and I suddenly notice they are there. Its when someone is standing on my front door asking to be let in I either a: slam the door or  b: retreat further into the walls... what can I say. I'm Shrek... and we're onions, we have layers.
After pushing a man- yes I said it, he wasn't a boy in men's clothing, but an actual man that embraced who he is, away. I realized, I've become jaded and run from things that could potentially hurt me. I noticed that, instead of recognizing the good thing that could have been, I identified the potential hazard and then turned and burned. Whats that? Yes, I have faced brutal races and a 34 degree water swim. I have jumped over fire, ran on sprained ankles and crawled through mud. All of which I embraced, and I let make me stronger. So this year, I will be FEARLESS, seems a little Taylor Swift I know.
FEARLESS in all my doings knowing, that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I will embrace the idea of letting people in and open myself up to healthy, happy situations... Here's to a FEARLESS 2016! 

No comments:

Post a Comment