At the start of the race I had the usual unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach but figured it would go away after we got started. For some reason... probably the 97 degree heat, elevation, not eating enough or drinking enough water, the feeling grew to I want to puke or pass out but I don't think I can. I won't lie,I got a little scared. One of my team mates had flown in from a great distance and I had talked my brother in law into doing this race with me, yet there I was the weakest link (... good bye) There was only one thing to do... SPARTAN UP! Also, I was forced into sitting for about 10 minutes and eating some shot blocks and drinking some water...It helped to relieve most of the dizziness.
Though I had thought I would be a bit faster. I still managed to complete all the obstacles with some help, well all except the rope climb. But I did manage to stick the spear throw! My most dreaded obstacle.
I was disappointed in myself, and will take away what I have learned. Hydrate! Train harder! Never surrender, never give up!
Big thanks to my team mates for sticking with me! I wouldn't have been able to do it without you!


No comments:
Post a Comment