Vegas BABY!!!
9 miles 27 obstacles!
We nailed it! I have to hand it to Spartan! You really do know at the finish line.
I missed the rope climb, spear throw, tarzan swing and traverse wall.
On facebook and the Spartan web site they have a mini series called "why I race".
I don't know that my story is social media worthy...but
I race because I can.
I race because it makes me feel strong, not just physically but mentally.
I race to feel free.
I race for my daughter
I held myself back from so many things for too long, I felt like I was just surviving day to day and hoping something would change. It wasn't till after my divorce that I realized I am the one with the power to change. I started running, not real far or fast, but with every step I felt stronger, I felt like the shadows were further away. A few people said I should train for a race, my first thought was it was a waste of money and then I thought why not. My first real race was a half marathon and it hooked me. I loved the energy at the start line, I love that runners come in all shapes, sizes, ages and speeds. It wasn't long after that I heard about the Spartan races. I didn't think I would be capable of doing one. And then I thought maybe a sprint. It wasn't until someone said that I probably could only do a small one that something inside clicked- I signed up for the super and thought if I can do that first that afterwards I would tackle a beast. We finished the race, not quite in the time I wanted but with the capabilities we had, we did well.
I'm ready for my next race!



No comments:
Post a Comment