Monday, March 9, 2015

Scholarly Squirrels

This year I decided I want to test and push my boundaries. I signed up for races. Not just any races but Spartan races. The whole premise of them is to test you, your mentally and physically. Push you to be able to be prepared for the unknown. Its a test of physical and mental endurance, because if your brain gives up your body will too.  With this in mind for the year-
I gave a lesson about reaching your full potential in YW's last month. And I often find myself giving clients advice about how its never to late to follow your dreams, to be the the change they want to see, that the first thing you have to do is take a step in the right direction.
I've felt so stuck at this cross roads in my life, and I wait for a sign or a push, for some sort of direction. The other night I came to the conclusion that my job just isn't cutting it. I am not expanding quickly enough and even though I am keeping my head above water, that is all I am doing. I started looking at jobs online. Everything I was looking at, even simple entry level jobs requires a degree of some sort. I felt frustrated that my parents hadn't encouraged or pushed me to further my education. I was irritated with my ex for telling me to expand on the job I had and make something more of it, that I didn't need to go back to school. I was mad at myself for not pushing myself to carry on and settling for where I was at. And then I resolved my issues. I am going to go back to school, I don't know what for but I can go back and start my generals, get a feel for it and figure out the balance of work, single mom and school.  The next day I applied for financial aid and school. 
And then last weekend I found out I got into both of the schools I applied to! This was great news also a little frustrating because I thought it would give me the final answers of what and where should I be...But I'm in! I am officially going back to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment